Pages

Thursday 28 January 2016

A Foxy Birthday

Hi there! Lately, I've been in a fall kind of mood, hence today's seemingly out of season card. This time of the year, I'm usually yearning for spring blooms and fresh colours. However, I love fall (especially Halloween) just as much as spring, and last October, due to a number of distractions, I feel like I missed much of the season. So now, in January, I've been drawn to fall stamp sets and all things orange!

Foxy Birthday

I made this card for a dear friend's birthday. For the background, I die cut some cute pattern paper featuring teeny orange anchors using Lawn Fawn's Small Stitched Rectangles dies. I stamped the cute little fox from Into the Woods in Versafine Onyx Black ink, coloured him in with coloured pencils, and blended out the pigment with odourless mineral spirits. I added Glossy Accents to give his nose some shine.

Foxy Birthday

I stamped the log with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and heat embossed the sweet "Smile" speech bubble with Ranger's Platinum embossing powder. Finally, I adhered the background to some dark orange card stock, mounted the stamped elements with foam tape and added a scattering of sequins.

Foxy Birthday

Supplies

  • Lawn Fawn dies: Large and Small Stitched Rectangles
  • Basic Grey Adrift paper pad
  • Lawn Fawn Into the Woods stamp set
  • Coloured Pencils: Prismacolor, Koh-i-Noor, Faber Castell, Derwent
  • Deserres odourless mineral spirits
  • Ranger Glossy Accents and Multi-Medium Matte
  • Ranger Platnum embossing powder
  • Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark and Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Pretty Pink Posh 4mm sequins in Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment