Pages

Tuesday 12 January 2016

It Moose Be My Dad's Birthday

Hi everyone! I made this winter wonderland card for my dad's upcoming birthday. It's at least his idea of a winter wonderland, as he's an avid skier and has several ski trips planned this season.

Slopeside Birthday Card with Lawn Fawn

To put together this card, I first stamped out the moose from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Arctic (one of my most used sets) and was careful to wipe away some of the ink from around his eyes, so that I could draw in a pair of ski goggles. I also added some skis to his hooves. I coloured him, as well as many (oh so many) pine trees from Lawn Fawn's Yeti Set Go, with coloured pencils and blended them out with odourless mineral spirits. I also added highlights with a white pencil, and love the effect it gave.

For the background, I die cut several hills with Lawn Fawn's Hillside Border dies, and a mountain range with the Snow Capped Mountains die from Mama Elephant. I used Distress Inks to colour in the ski and the mountain range, and die cut the snow caps out of some silver glitter paper. To tie the silver glitter in, I die cut one of the hills from the same paper, and it think it gives it a really cool patchwork effect. I glued everything flat except for the moose, which I covered in a ridiculous amount of foam tape.

Slopeside Birthday Card with Lawn Fawn

The inspiration for this card actually came from the current Lawnscaping challenge, Winter Wonderland.


Update: This card was Spotted and Hearted, and an Honourable Gnome on the Lawscaping Blog!


Supplies

  • Lawn Fawn Stamps: Critters in the Arctic, Yeti Set Go, Happy Everything
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Lawn Fawn Hillside Border Dies and Large Stitched Rectangle Dies
  • Mama Elephant Snow Capped Mountains Dies
  • Silver glitter paper
  • Distress Inks: Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass
  • Coloured pencils (a variety of brands) and odourless mineral spirits

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I absolutely love this fun scene! Just too cute with his goggles and skis. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic winter scene! LOVE it!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Lawnscaping!Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete