Pages

Saturday 13 February 2016

My Sweet Valentine

Hi again! Today, I'm showcasing a Valentine for my Valentine!

Hedgehog Valentine

I made this sweet card using three Lawn Fawn stamp sets: Hedgehugs, Sweater Weather (I love how versatile this stamp set is) and Into the Woods. To start, I die cut the largest of Lawn Fawn's Small Stitched Rectangles out of Neenah Solar White card stock (the best, in my opinion, for stamping with dye ink). I stamped the tree and cluster of leaves from Sweater Weather and then filled out the foliage with some hearts. To make the tree crown bigger, I stamped the individual leaf from Sweater Weather and additional hearts moving out from the original crown. I also added some pink sequins to further fill out the tree and add some dimension.

I then stamped the two clouds from Into the Woods and coated them in two layers of Diamond Stickles. To apply, I smeared the glitter glue on an acrylic block, and used a paintbrush to paint thin layers. Next, I stamped the two hedgehogs from Hedgehugs with the same brown ink I used for the tree trunk onto Neenah Solar White. I coloured the hedgehogs with coloured pencils and blended with odourless mineral spirits. The Neenah card stock is not my paper of choice for coloured pencils, but I wanted the whites of the paper to match. To finish off the card, I added a light green grassy border and adhered the hedgehogs with some foam tape.

Hedgehog Valentine

Supplies

  • Lawn Fawn dies: Small Stitched Rectangles, Grassy Border
  • Lawn Fawn stamp sets: Hedgehugs, Sweater Weather, Into the Woods
  • Card Stock: Neenah Solar White 80 pound, Brazzill Basics, Recollections
  • Coloured Pencils: Faber Castell, Derwent
  • Deserres odourless mineral spirits
  • Ranger Diamond Stickles
  • Inks: Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Cup O' Joe, Bubblegum and Soft Pool; Memento dye inks in Angel Pink, Rosebud and New Sprout
  • Pretty Pink Posh 4mm sequins in Pink Blush

No comments:

Post a Comment