Pages

Sunday 27 March 2016

Happy Birthday to Ewe!

Hi there! This card was a bit of an experiment in adding texture and dimension (for me anyway). I started off by painting a simple background on watercolour paper using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I then stamped one of the cute sheep from Lawn Fawn's Baah Humbug set on watercolour paper and used Distress Inks to paint her in. I also die cut two grassy borders using Lawn Fawn's Grassy Borders Die and coloured them in using a foam blending tool and two colours of Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint (for depth and shadow).

Happy Birthday to Ewe

Next, I white heat embossed a birthday sentiment from Avery Elle's Cake & Candles stamp set on the shorter of the two grassy borders. I also die cut several balloon shapes from patterned paper. (Oh, how I love the heart-shaped balloon!) To put the card together, I adhered the two grassy borders using tape runner, and tucked the ewe in between the two layers. I arranged the balloons above the ewe and adhered them using foam tape. Instead of drawing in the balloon strings, which would have looked odd since the ewe was not mounted with foam tape, I used Lawn Fawn's sky cord. I cut lengths of the cord and used Ranger's Multi Medium Matte to glue the them down to give the appearance that the ewe is holding the strings. I really like the texture this gave the card. I finished the card off with a scattering of sequins.

Happy Birthday to Ewe - Detail

Supplies

  • Lawn Fawn Baah Humbug stamp set
  • Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Black Soot, Antique Linen, Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
  • Lawn Fawn Dies: Grassy Border, Large Stitched Rectangles
  • Avery Elle Cake & Candles stamp set
  • Ranger Detail White Embossing Powder
  • Paper Smooches Balloons Wise Dies
  • Patterned paper
  • Card Stock: Fabriano 90 lb watercolour
  • Lawn Fawn Lawn Trimmings in Sky
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins (4mm and 6mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment